Nick's Co-op is a mod by Evil.
This mod allows one to play the POSTAL 2 base game, Apocalypse Weekend expansion, and the A Week in Paradise mod with up to 16 other players in POSTAL 2 Complete. In addition to this, it allows one to play custom maps in Co-op fashion.
Each player has their own health and is able to traverse a given area without any restrictions except being unable to move to the next area unless one is the admin/host. Errands only need to be completed by a single character to count for the group. In addition, death is handled differently than the base game. When one's health runs out, the fallen Postal Dude is surrounded by a "help me" graphic and has a timer before he can be revived by a living Postal Dude (merely by touching).
In addition to this, the API (kit of usefull editor ACTION_*s) created by A-Mod for the Co-op mod was released allowing modders to create custom Co-op maps taking advantage of the new features.
Version history Edit
- BETA build.Early build of Coop mod was presented in 2015, it was based on original Postal 2 Share The Pain 1407, but unfortunately it was not released. Full walkthrought on this version you can watch here.
- 1.0.0 initial release for steam workshop. Work on this version was started 25.08.2015, and was released 05.08.2016. The main difference between BETA, almost all replication systems were recreated from scratch without changes in source code of the game, like it was in BETA.
- 1.1.0 update (02.07.2017) Server list fixed.
- 1.2.0 update (20.08.2017) Dedicated server added.
- 1.2.1 update (21.08.2017)
- 1.2.2 update (25.08.2017) Travel portal fixed for any game-ports.
- 1.2.3 update (01.09.2017)
- 1.2.4 update (02.09.2017)
- 1.2.5 update (22.10.2017) Wrong gun classes during apocalypse fixed.
- 1.2.6 update (05.11.2017) Replacer weapons classes fixed.
- 1.2.7 update (19.11.2017) Cutscene teleport system fixed.
- 1.2.8 update (18.12.2017) Ping optimization added.