"Glad there wasn't a snake in my boot. " — The Postal Dude after putting the lawman chaps on.
The Lawman Chaps is a clothing item obtainable in Paradise Lost, serving as the equivalent of the Police Uniform. It can be found inside The Hole in various locations depending which day is set on, and also by entering the cheat code "Iamthelaw". When worn, Civilians will treat the Postal Dude with respect, and commiting crimes will not attract the Lawmen attention unless an officer was attacked.
On Monday you can find it on the table in a locker room. On Tuesday you can find it next to the gallows in the second floor on the right table. On Wednesday you can find it in one of hotel rooms on the bed. On Thursday you can find it next to the gallows in a secret passage that leads to the second floor near it. On Friday you can find it behind the dancing cow in the toilet.
- While wearing the outfit, the Dude will make various Western-related references:
- The quote "Glad there wasn't a snake in my boot" which the Postal Dude mentions after wearing the uniform is a reference to Toy Story.
- The quote "It's high noon in the post apocalypse" which the Postal Dude mentions after wearing the uniform is a reference to High Noon.
- The Postal Dude says "Rollin' rollin' rollin" from time to time after killing someone. This is a reference to Rawhide.
- Another quote, "Man, don't I feel like a man named Rick!", is a reference to Rick Grimes, the main protagonist of the Walking Dead. It could also be a reference to Rick Hunter, the Postal Dude's voice actor.